There is no one-size-fits-all solution for an SGPR client, as we work with consumer tech, lifestyle, fashion, beauty and social impact organizations. We have launched brands that defy the norm like Billie, managed mergers for GE, created a closet calculator to see how recycled clothing impacts the environment with thredUP, hosted an event hosted by Kamala Harris to counter-schedule Trump’s June rally, revived the loose-fitting trend with Madewell and catapulted Olayof the Super Bowl ad on the cover of Adweek. –And all of these brands are still current customers to this day.
Why we will love you:
- You have more than 7 to 10 years of experience in media relations, corporate communications or public relations, with experience in client management and warm relations with journalists.
- You know trends, communities and events before others, generating campaign suggestions that connect these emerging concepts to customer initiatives
- You have personally come up with stunts or original ideas to generate PR that others have not yet thought of
- You are known to be a media relations scholar, armed with a thick rolodex, and you are delighted to instill this penchant for networking in others.
- You are organizationally strong. You plan and delegate productively, focusing on key priorities
- You are disjointed and nimble, comfortable with rapidly changing schedules and priorities
Why you’ll love us:
- A strong culture: We have an employee-led committee that together determines company policy and another dedicated to planning our weekly celebrations and quarterly outings (virtual or not), book clubs and anecdotes and coached intramural activities. by employees, a fondness for karaoke, and we even took our staff on vacation abroad.
- Atypical time: The power take-off is in addition to summer Fridays and holidays for sick days devoted to preventive care.
- We invest in you: We offer medical plans that are 100% employer-covered, contribute to your 401k annually (whether you decide to contribute or not), in addition to helping your dental, vision, data and home office coverage. We budget your network and reimburse professional development as it applies to roles, from InDesign to public speaking.
Note: While this position is optional remotely through 2021, we are looking to speak to applicants who plan to stay in New York or Los Angeles long term and who are open to working closer to East Coast hours. .
As a minority and women-owned business, we are a diverse, high-performing company dedicated to creating an inspiring workplace for all. It is the policy of Small Girls PR to provide equal opportunities to all qualified people, and to recruit, hire, train, promote and pay
To apply: please send your resume to [email protected], Subject Line Director, Brand Communications.