343 Industries has revealed new features for Season 8 ‘Mythic’ in Halo: The Master Chief Collection. The new season will bring a host of additions including the highly anticipated Custom Game Browser and Icebox, a new Halo 3 map revealed on a new one. Halo Waypoint blog post.
What’s new in Halo MCC Season 8?
Halo MCC Season 8 features a variety of new content that players are eagerly awaiting, including:
- 100 new content levels for Season 8 (including new armor sets, back accessories, vehicle skins, tech suits, and more)
- Cooler, one Halo Online card now playable in custom games and matchmaking for Halo 3
- Campaign collectibles for Halo 3
- Updated options for Halo 3: ODST Firefight as well as Sentinels as an enemy type
- Custom Game Browser (CGB) support for Halo: CE and Halo 3
- Mod support for Halo 2: Classic and Halo 3
- New Season 8 nameplates
Here are the timed challenges for Season 8 in ‘Mythic’:
Lamentable: Complete the “Tea Time” and “Bane of the Legion” challenges:
- Tea Time: Defeat 5,000 enemies. Defeating enemy players in matchmaking increases 10 times more.
- Scourge of the Legion: Earn 7,000 points for eliminations in PvE modes. Earn 1 for Grunts, Jackals, and Drones. 5 for Elites and Brutes. 10 for hunters and vehicles.
- Reward: Evalach Lament Back Accessory for Halo 3
Veteran tackle: Complete the “Montage Starter Kit” and “Infamous” challenges:
- Editing Starter Kit: Earn 500 headshots in matchmaking.
- Infamous: Earn 200 multikill or spree category medals in matchmaking PvP games.
- Reward: Scorned Fate Combat Rifle Skin for Halo 3
The pig father: Complete the “Beast Mode” and “Chrononaut” challenges:
- Beast Mode: Earn 117 kills as a Gunner or Warthog Driver in matchmaking mode.
- Chrononaut: Complete a multi-game campaign playlist.
- Reward: Golden Lion Warthog Skin for Halo 3
Halo: The Master Chief Collection is available on PC (Steam, Windows Store), Xbox One, and Xbox Series X | S consoles, in addition to being available on Xbox Game Pass.